Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I can't switch off my Kubota GR1600II and the safety

I can't switch off my Kubota GR1600II and the safety cut-offs aren't working eg standing up with with PTO engaged. Any suggestions?
Philip Cassidy 01666 826930
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Have you checked all the fuses with a test meter? With more than one system not working, and mower still starting, seems like a lack of voltage to those systems. The Kill solenoid has a timer stop relay, but if engine is not being killed by the kill solenoid, it can be a bad relay, but I would guess there is no voltage to the relay.

wirng diagram

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am a layman so this answer doesn't really help me. I don't have a test meter and wouldn't know how to use it anyway. The manual doesn not say if there is a fuel cutoff switch or a kill solenoid or where I would find it (there is no detailed engine diagram). How can I make the engine stop? I have tried covering the air intake and removing the fuse for the ignition - no use. It has over a third of a tank of fuel so could run for hours at idle and I don't want to run it right down anyway in case of sludge at the bottom of the tank. Is the engine "self-sustaing"? i.e will it go in indefintely without electrical power? If not, how can I safely disconnect the battery? Can I actuate the kill solenoid mechanically?If so, how? I need a practical solution now otherwise it will be running all night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mobile number is ***** 267641 - I am going back to the outbuilding where the machine is kept to have another look. This would be much easier on the phone. Thank you.

Find the kill solenoid and push the linkage to kill the engine!

should look like this!

Phillip, you may have to remove the two bolts holding it to the housing and reach inside and push!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Curtis, I found it pretty quickly and it worked immediately - terrific. These things are easy when you know how . . .Best wishes
Philip