Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I can't switch off my Kubota GR1600II and the safety

Customer Question

I can't switch off my Kubota GR1600II and the safety cut-offs aren't working eg standing up with with PTO engaged. Any suggestions?
Philip Cassidy 01666 826930
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked all the fuses with a test meter? With more than one system not working, and mower still starting, seems like a lack of voltage to those systems. The Kill solenoid has a timer stop relay, but if engine is not being killed by the kill solenoid, it can be a bad relay, but I would guess there is no voltage to the relay.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

wirng diagram

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am a layman so this answer doesn't really help me. I don't have a test meter and wouldn't know how to use it anyway. The manual doesn not say if there is a fuel cutoff switch or a kill solenoid or where I would find it (there is no detailed engine diagram). How can I make the engine stop? I have tried covering the air intake and removing the fuse for the ignition - no use. It has over a third of a tank of fuel so could run for hours at idle and I don't want to run it right down anyway in case of sludge at the bottom of the tank. Is the engine "self-sustaing"? i.e will it go in indefintely without electrical power? If not, how can I safely disconnect the battery? Can I actuate the kill solenoid mechanically?If so, how? I need a practical solution now otherwise it will be running all night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mobile number is ***** 267641 - I am going back to the outbuilding where the machine is kept to have another look. This would be much easier on the phone. Thank you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Find the kill solenoid and push the linkage to kill the engine!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

should look like this!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Phillip, you may have to remove the two bolts holding it to the housing and reach inside and push!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Curtis, I found it pretty quickly and it worked immediately - terrific. These things are easy when you know how . . .Best wishes
Philip
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.