Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators.
19372534

No spark on champion 35 engine and what is clearance gap

Customer Question

no spark on champion 35 engine and what is clearance gap between coil & flywheel pleasel
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

The coil air gap will be .010" (.254 mm).

To test the coil, simply unplug the shutdown wire from it.

If you still don't have spark, the coil is bad.

If you do have spark, you either have a short in the wiring, or there is a safety switch that has activated.