Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I've got a lawnflite 920 my dads tried to fix it but I

Hi I've got a lawnflite 920 my dads tried to fix it but I thinks he's buggered it up , it runs foe around 15/20 min then stop I start it up then it stops after 10 min and I just keep going on, I've had all the fuel line replaced and the carb cleaned so I think it's the electrics?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Briggs 12.5 horsepower engine? When it quits, does it have spark? Test by having a spare spark plug, and when it quits, attach the spare spark plug to the spark plug wire, and with the plug grounded, see if you have spark when cranking. If no spark, and engine runs again after it cools, you have a bad ignition coil.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check this link, to see how ignition works on Briggs.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks really appreciate that , don't know whether it's got the right plug in it as well can't find a manual on line don't know where to go,if it dose feel like loss of spark is it when engine is hot if so what do you think that might be?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I doubt the spark plug will do it. But a bad coil will. Thanks.