Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Ransomes 350d, mine surges Badly when cutting, so bad it

Customer Question

Ransomes 350d , mine surges Badly when cutting , so bad it hurts your back , my friend has one and his does it a little bit also , I believe it to be a hydraulic problem , engine is sound , thanks Dan
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see no one has responded! You say transmission surges, and not the engine? What engine do you have?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Kubota diesel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1702 ,four cylinder ,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

So does engine run smooth and this is hydraulics surge? Hydraulics may be sucking air or aerating the oil, causes the pump/motor to surge. Did you check the suction line for any restriction or suction leak? HAs to be vacuum tight. With engine, is it smooth and firing on all cylinders?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay I've been away , engine is smooth runs great ,no smoke and easy start , the hydraulic oil and all filters have been changed , the returning fluid to the holding tank is clear and free of froth or bubbles but that was a good idea , the complete hydraulic system is driven from the flywheel by a 50mm wide 4 vee belt , I changed this belt on another machine yesterday but that machine had a slipping clutch type problem , new belt cured that 200quid though ! I have down loaded the hydraulic manual and been to a friendly Ransomes dealer , we have gone through the oil flow , there are three parts or the pump , so I'm going to try and isolate the problem , if it doesn't do it in reverse , and the reels don't fluctuate , we can see its aiming towards the the third section part of the pump , I'm also going to drive it up to a barn and drop and put it in drive and see what happens , if I break it I know what it was ,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

!! OK>