Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have Toro Recycler self propelled mower with fast start

I have Toro Recycler self propelled mower with fast start and I cannot get to run at hi rev enough to cut grass. I disconnected the component that drives the self propelled connector and while I did this I turned engine upside down for short period after which I have not bewen able to get it running as it did before. I have changed the filter, and the spark plug It now runs very slow until it just completely shuts down ....do you have any advice?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Engine runs at constant speed, has no throttle cable? If so, you likely had sprong come loose on top of the carburetor. The spring holds the throttle at constant speed.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

See this link , is it like yours? are the springs in place?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Spring and lever on the left side is the choke function. see link below.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!