Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Is it possible you could date a perkins engine for me by the

Is it possible you could date a perkins engine for me by the engine block number
CL(###) ###-####C
The engine is in a massey furguson 35 tractor.
Many thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Would be easier to date the tractor by it's serial number? Block casting number will not help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My reason for trying to find the date of the engine block was to see if the engine had been swapped in its lifetime. It would have given me full authenticity of the vehicle.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Engine block should be stamped with model number and s/n . Do you have those numbers? I seriously doubt that this engine has ever been replaced.