Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a Little Wonder lawn edger, labelled "Briggs and

I have a Little Wonder lawn edger, labelled "Briggs and Stratton Corporation, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA". These numbers are stamped on it :###-##-####01 74043003.
It is approx 40 years old and won't start. My local friendly repair shop says the carburretor is gone and they can't replace it as the engine is now obsolete and this part is unavailable.
Can you help, or is my machine irrepairable?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Model number to use for parts is(###) ###-####99 , carburetor shown is 495821, which is obsolete, but you can buy 299437 carb, which should be same carb, with longer suction tube , which the old one from your carburetor can be used. Here is one source, but you may find better price on Ebay.