Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a Westwood t1600h was running fine, then ran out of

Customer Question

I have a Westwood t1600h was running fine, then ran out of fuel so I refilled the tank but now it won't fire up I think there is an air block in fuel line but don't know how to solve it
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It happened a day ago
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's everything
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

What engine does the mower have in it/ If you remove the fuel line at the carburetor , do you have fuel when cranking?Is there a fuel ump and filter between the tank and the carburetor?Have you changed or cleaned the fuel filter?

Engine is getting starved for fuel. Always a supply problem, tank, hose from tank, or first filter, up to the fuel transfer pump, if it has one.