Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators.
19372534

Our 14 year old Honda powered Dometic generator in our RV

Our 14 year old Honda powered Dometic generator in our RV has only been run for 13 hrs but although it runs well it produces no power. A local repair shop said they can't repair it as it has a non standard alternator and the top winding shows signs of burning which seems to be the problem. Would it be possible to get hold of a suitable winding as a spare part for our local engineer to install. Reason it needs to be done locally is that we live just not of Oban in Scotland.Thanks in anticipation.Chris
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the model number of the genset?

Which winding are you talking about - the stator or the rotor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model Number: T2500HI believe it is the stator, its a thinnish wire winding at the back end of the alternator and is fixed...does not rotate. This shows signs of overheating/burning as the sections that are covered with white material are blackened.Chris
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

OK.

The part number for that stator is(###) ###-####

You should be able to contact your nearest Dometic agent to get one here:

Camperworks - Edinburgh

125 km

Bridgeness Road
Bo'ness, EH51 9SF
GB

Contact Dealer
+44 1506 828820

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your advice...will contact the company you suggest for a quote. Sorry for lax communication but we are in the middle of moving home and have limited internet connection.Chris
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem. I know all about being busy.

I work 2 day jobs, and help on Just Answer in the evenings.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to rate my assistance, so I get credit for my time.