Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Club Car Precedent 2006. Used it yesterday, no problems.

Club Car Precedent 2006.
Used it yesterday, no problems. This morning battery was flat; put it on charge. Three hours later with battery partly charged attempted to start - just continuous clicking - sounded like starter motor not engaging. Believe some fault has caused the battery to go flat and is preventing the starter motor engaging.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

The rapid clicking at solenoid when trying to crank is dead battery. Have battery tested. More likley battery has died and will need to be replaced. If battery tests good, then the charging system/stater/generator is not charging the battery.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Rubbish

Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage? Battery has to be above 12.5 volts for start, and should not drop below 8 volts. I will bet it drops much less! I have done this for many years, I think rubbish is a bit harsh!

Did you check battery with voltmeter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
CurtisMy apologies, rubbish was not only harsh but incorrect. Had the Battery tested this morning and it needs replacing. Thanks for your help.

Good job! P;ease rate using the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.