Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

GT516 Type 2 Hedge Cutter. In use when end of blade touched

Customer Question

GT516 Type 2 Hedge Cutter. In use when end of blade touched ground, may have caught
piece of grit from driveway. Sparked at point of contact and motor cut out have checked
fuse in plug - OK, what else can I check?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have power to the unit? If you have it on a ground fault circuit, it has thrown the ground fault breaker, and now have no power to unit. Will another tool work in your outlet? Ground fault may not be in the plug you are working off of, but in another location.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have changed the fuse, which is still ok. Still no power in cutting motor. I have tried another socket but still no life.
Is there a failsafe or reset button to try? The fuse fitted in the plug was 13 amp. Can I advise further information
or remove motor housing to investigate if motor is burnt out. many thanks in anticipation.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

No other resets, just the fuse. See if you have power to the fuse.