Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

My Hayter Harrier 41 started. I did two lengths of the lawn

Customer Question

My Hayter Harrier 41 started. I did two lengths of the lawn when the engine dies. when attempting to re-start the engine it will splutter briefly and die
Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: The fuel is Aspen 4 fresh, never seen the shut off valve is there one?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Is it difficult?
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had it serviced at the beginning of the year. it was spluttering intermintelly about a month ago. I took it back and he cleaned the filter. It ran satisfactorily for one cut, and then problems again this afternoon. I am loosing confidence in the man
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Remove the fuel filter and blow it out backward or replace it, it may have more water in it! If filter is ok, and fuel is getting to the carburetor, remove the fuel bowl and drain it.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 30 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?