Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have 2 countax c series mowers 1 of them I pulled out

HI I have 2 countax c series mowers 1 of them I pulled out fuses to inspect them I put them back in now the mower has no power and no lights com on dash any ideas please
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Power for dash comes directly thru the fuses. Do you have a voltmeter or test light, to see if power is going thru the fuses? The fuse or fuse holder can be damaged.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK will look at that thanks I'm wondering if it has blew something other week I took battery off to charge it when I put it back on joined it to terminal and it was trying to start itself without me turning the key or doing anything any ideas thanks

For starter to engage as the battery was connected, the starter solenoid, would have to have been closed. Did it work after battery was installed? You may need a new starter solenoid. And battery voltage needs to be checked, needs to be at least 12.5 volts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi yes battery was fully charged and I bought a new solenoid and new key start still no power to starter or no lights coming on pcb

Positive battery cable has to go direct to the starter solenoid, and on the same terminal will be the harness going to the fuses. Do you have this wired correctly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's correct I will just double check tjs thanks for ur patience

Use voltmeter to see where you have voltage.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bingo I put the wire on wrong side of solenoid thanks mate is this the best site to contact u on or could I contact u direct and pay u via PayPal etc.
Many thanks great service

Just use the 5 star rating service to close the question and get me credit!