Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Just replaced the diesel injector pump on my kubota 4

Just replaced the diesel injector pump on my kubota 4 cylinder engine but it now races at full speed and won't stop with the stop button

On the back of the injection pump is the link that attaches to the governor rod, did you get t back into the slot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As far ad I know I did...why.

If the rod is not connected, you have no governor control. Is there a cover for the throttle lever that can be removed to see the link going to the pump?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it's a bit hit and miss to line ...you just move the slot on the governer to line up with the bar on the pump then drop it in and hope for the best. I'll take it back out and refit in the morning.

OK< I bet it is not aligned.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would that also stop the stop button from working I had to put my hand over the air intake to stop the engine.

Yes, the stop would have no effect on the injection pump if the linkage between pump and governor is loose.