Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

i just received an iPhone 4s from ebay unfortunately it is

Customer Question

i just received an iPhone 4s from ebay unfortunately it is locked to t-moble i am told that it will never work with any network because it is blocked.how do i unblock it and use it on any network
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

You need to Jailbreak the phone to unlock it. Once you do this it can be used on any provider.

Please go here and follow the instructions to Jailbreak it

Click ME

Once completed, it will work on any Cell Network

Let me know if you still have difficulties please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am still receiving a message that i must use a compatible sim card before i can jailbreak the phone.the msg reads insert simcard that came with the phone or visit a supported carrier to receive a replacement sim card

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
When exactly do you get this message ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

after downloading the jail breaking application.it is in my macbook pro now but it is not communicating with the iPhone

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
ok, it means the phone is not activated.

This can be a big problem..

First, can we reset the phone to new?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes we can reset to new

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Connect it to iTunes

Click on Devices, than click Restore and complete the process.

When it has finished, try to Jailbreak the phone and let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i did that but is still giving me same message

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
ok, than we have an issue.

You need to activate the phone, and can only do this with the T-Mobile SIM that was originally in it.

Is there anyway you can obtain this Ahmed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there is no way because i got it from ebay but would another t-mobile sim work on it

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
It may.. Depends on how T-Mobile Locked it

Can you try with another one?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i want to try with another one or call t-mobile and brief them.thank you for the assistance

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome

But if it wont work with another T-Mobile card, than unless T-Mobile manually unlock it, it will not be possible sorry

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still on my iphone question i have used another t-mobile sim card and its working,i have also jailbroken it with the link you sent to me;thanks a lot, but i still cannot use other networks;i had the impression that after jailbreaking the phone i should be able to use it as an unlocked phone.is there anything i need to do with the cydia application in order to use other networks

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
No it will work on all networks.

Does t-mobile sim work in other phones?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the issue is i used the t-mobil sim to be able to unlock the iPhone which i was able to unlock,but if i use another network,on the unlocked iPhone it gives me a message that i need to use only t-mobile sim despite the fact that the cydia application has unlocked the iPhone .

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
ok, than T-Mobile has registered the phone.

Can you contact them and have them de-register it please?