Nick H.
Nick H., Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Support Smartphones for more than 5 years.
63271161

are 02 right to say that once an iphone is set up for a person

Customer Question

are 02 right to say that once an iphone is set up for a person that can't be changed?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

What do you mean by this? You have an iPhone and want to use by another person?

Or you bought an iPhone from other person and want to use it with O2?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i want to buy her iphone, and use it on 3

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Noel.

It is possible to do so. O2 says that because they do not unlock phones. However, the phone has to be UNLOCKED to use with another carrier.

First restore the phone back to Factory Settings. Go to Settings->General->Reset->Erase all contents (2nd option). This will reset your iPhone.

If your iPhone is UNLOCKED, you can use iPhone with 3 SIM card. If your iPhone is NOT UNLOCKED, bring the phone to a local phone store (not retail store, but authorized dealer or phone repair shop). Have them to UNLOCK the phone.

After unlocked the phone, insert 3 SIM card to activate the phone. You can use the iphone with 3 then.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick