Nick H.
Nick H., Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Support Smartphones for more than 5 years.
63271161

hello my samsungs screen has a crack or to is unreponsive

Customer Question

hello
my samsungs screen has a crack or to is unreponsive to touch and is blacked out
and the auto lock is on. trying to sync with kies to get phones data but asks for
pin which cant be touched in. struggling any ideas ???
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

I am sorry that your phone screen is cracked.

Regarding this issue, this is a Security measure against theft. If your phone is LOCKED, you cannot connect to your computer to retrieve data from the phone. The phone has to be UNLOCKED. Unfortunately, the touch screen (digitizer) is not working. Therefore, the only solution to get your data off the phone would be replace the touch screen (digitizer) and have it working again to unlock your phone.

What model is your phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi
its a sumsung s2

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. So you would like to repair the screen or just get your data off the phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just to get the data off the phone then take it from there.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Rob.

You have 2 options:

First option is to get the data from your phone. What you can do is to bring your laptop and your phone to a local phone repair shop. Have them to swap a working screen to your phone. Put it back together. Turn on your phone. Connect to your computer and transfer your data / sync with Kies. This method will cost you the labor of swaping the phone's display/touch screen. Roughly about 20-40 pounds.

2nd option is to replace the screen all together. The screen costs about 60-80 pounds. So you are looking at about 100 pounds for parts and labor.

If you have any questions or concerns, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks

is there anything else i can do to get around the locked pin myself or is it a visit to the specilasist regardless ?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Rob,

There is nothing we can do around the Lock PIN code as it is a Security measure. Imagine that other people can get your data if this is not in place.

You will have to go to the phone repair shop. Phone Specialist will not have the parts to swap for your phone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok nick thanks for your advice i'll be in touch.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
You are welcomed Rob.

Please save this page to your Favorites / Bookmarks. Click on the saved link to come back. Or you can check your emails from JustAnswer.

Have a great day!

Nick