Randy SmartphoneTech
Randy SmartphoneTech, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone technician.
62741268

How do you change the face of the analogue clock (not in bedside

Customer Question

How do you change the face of the analogue clock (not in bedside mode) from White to Black and back on a Blackberry Q10?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

It is not possible sorry, you can only have that clock or Digital.

An alternative would be to install a different clock, more to your liking from the App Store, but the built in clock cannot be change.

I am sorry about this, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Partner and I have 2Q10s Same software but different clock faces. See also Crackberry where two experts both with Q10s have different faces. How come if not changeable.?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
This is the inbuilt clock correct John? The one that comes with the Q10
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the one that in the closed apps is shown with white face and time just after 10.10

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I assumed,

It only goes Black in Bedside mode (muted mode) there is no setting to do this.

I cannot speak on behalf of your friend, but it is likely he is looking at it when in Bedside mode, or has installed a different clock.

But there are not settings at all for the built in clock to change it John.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mine is always black with orange hands and digits in BSM and white hands and digits in ordinary mode. This does not agree with your remark above.

It does however agree with my partner's handset. She has white face in ordinary mode and black in BSM.

Both of us are using the standard clock as the 'fone comes with and both of us have same version of software and same brightness setting.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes, in muted mode it goes black, thats what I as referring to.

It goes White when out of Muted mode.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it does not go white. It has a black face with white hands and numbers when in un-muted mode. To repeat for third time. Mine never

has white face.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then this is where I was confused regarding your initial statement.

"How do you change the face of the analogue clock (not in bedside mode) from White to Black"

As that is how the clock works, but your last statement, is very different to this.

Sorry, but I am not completely clear on your issue, so I will have to opt out for another expert that may have a better understanding of your request.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting for answer JC

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Randy SmartphoneTech replied 3 years ago.

Hi John, my name isXXXXX are correct on the Q10 Clock, the clock faces change from dark to light according to the time of the day (i.e. AM or PM)White and Black clocks to represent Day and Night respectively)<>PLEASE CLICK HERE<>

1. In the Clock app, swipe down from the top of the screen.,
  2. Tap settings.
  3. Tap the Clock Face drop-down list.
  4. Tap Digital or Analog.http://i.imgur.com/8skPAFfl.png
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

I thought it might be someting like that but I have reset my time to morning and and then night and my analogue face (not in bedside mode) is still Black. I thought it might be something to do with the wallpaper but that has not changed it from Black. My analogue face was white like your picture but I cannot get it off black. JC

okay, make sure it has AM on the face, if it does try a reboot and let me know please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No good I'm afraid Still Black on 12 and 24 hr clocks

Have you tried updating your os? <>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR UPDATE<>