Brandon M.
Brandon M., Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Im a bit behind when it comes to phones, I have a touchscreen

Customer Question

I'm a bit behind when it comes to phones, I have a touchscreen smartphone but I'm looking for an iphone now, I need to be able to tether my lap top to it, access and respond to emails and I'd like a good camera too. Any suggestions? I'm not bothered about getting the latest phone, just the one that's known to deliver. Thanks
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Brandon and I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Brandon M. :

Who is your cell phone provider?

JACUSTOMER-wut8087g- :

orange, but I'm happy to change.

Brandon M. :

Ok, are you looking to just upgrade your line with them?

JACUSTOMER-wut8087g- :

My contract with orange is up. I am looking for a new one with about 500 mins u/l text, and plenty of data. I'd like an iphone but don't want my contract to cost the earth.

Brandon M. :

I understand. You can keep your existing plan. If you purchase the phone without a contract, there will be a higher up-front cost (full price of phone) but you won't be locked in. Right now, it looks like you can get the iPhone 4S free with a contract if your monthly service is at least £36/mo. You can check it out here: http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/iPhone-4S-16GB-black - you can also stop into any Orange store if you would feel more comfortable.