1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
2. Ensure the original SIM card that came with this device is inserted in your iPhone.
3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.
5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.
I am unable to put the original sim card into the phone as i bought the phone at christmas time and the person i bought it from unlocked the phone.
iv put in a vodafone micro sim, connected it to itunes, backed it up and reset the settings but the phone is still coming up with no service?
i have inserted an vodafone micro sim, done a restore and update then remove the vodafone card and inserted the new sim card and itunes is saying the sim card inserted in the fone does not appear to be supported and the phone still has no service on it.
it didnt say it was unlocked after the restore. i had a confirmation email from vodafone a couple of days ago and i spoke with them today and they confirmed it was unlocked.
i tried a sim card from another network that i know work perfectly and its still saying sim not supported.
i dont have another computer that i can do the restore on, is there anything else i can do?