John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

on facebook on my iphone videos that are recent play normally.

Customer Question

on facebook on my iphone videos that are recent play normally. on videos further back I keep gatting a note that says "unable to play video chack your internet connection and try again " I*nternet connectopn is fine so what do I do? If it works again how do I save a video to my photos. Thanks Jean Holder
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Do these same video play normally if you sign into Facebook from the computer?

Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My computer won't go back further than 26th jan on Facebook and the iPhone videos that don't play are back to 21st jan
Thanks, Jean.

If that's the case then this may be a Facebook issue.

However, to make sure it's not a caching issue with FB on the iPhone you can remove and re-install the app. This will delete any corrupt cache files from the iPhone and if it's not an FB issue then the older videos should be playable.

Go to the home screen on your iPhone (Where all app icns appear)

Hold your finger down on the FB app icon until all icons on screen start to wiggle.

Then, tap the small "x" that appears on the FB app icon to delete it.

Next, press the home button to stop the icons from wiggling.

Finally, go to the App Store and re-download the Facebook app.

If the Facebook videos prior to Jan 21st still do not play then it would seem to be a FB.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John