Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I have a Nexus 7 which has been working perfectly until a few

Customer Question

I have a Nexus 7 which has been working perfectly until a few days ago. Now every time I try and do anything I am interrupted by a screen offering 'Apps of the day', and 'Brave Frontier' (choice of No thanks or Install - I always click on 'No thanks').

The last screen pop up asks me 'By using Google screen you agree to the following terms and conditions (choice of 'Decline' or 'Accept') and also a choice to click on 'keep me informed'. I always click on 'Decline' and don't click 'keep me informed'.

How can I get rid of these screens? As soon as I start trying to do something they flash up on the screen and interrupt.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

1. Please press & hold the power on/off button on the nexus for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

2. Go to Apps -> Settings -> Application manager (or something similar), then go to ALL apps (swipe from right to left as needed), scroll down, and select the item "Google Services Framework", then clear data and clear cache, then check. If needed, power off the nexus, then turn it back on and check.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

3. If that still does not work, the software is corrupted, please connect the nexus to the computer, and back up anything you need, such as photos, then do a reset:

1. Go to Settings > Backup & reset.

2. Touch Factory data reset.

3. Touch Reset tablet.

4. If your tablet is password XXXXX you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.

5. Touch Erase everything to confirm.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button at the bottom in order to communicate with me. Thank you,

Customer:

OK I have done that and it seems to have worked - so no interruptions so far. I notice at the bottom of the screen there is a 'Safe Mode' now. Many thanks. If the problem reoccurs I will try your other options.

Great. You're welcome. If there is still any issue, please let me know any time. Thank you,

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/electronics/expert-itstuff/