Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

trying to connect my iphone 5 to a gear4 streetparty 111 dock...the

trying to connect my iphone 5 to a gear4 streetparty 111 dock...the plugs are different...so bought an adapter to convert the iphone 5 connector to iphone 4 size...no sound...is it because the gear4 streetparty3 is not designed for iphone 5 only for IPODS?hoe can I play my iphone5 music through it?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It will only work with older iPhones. The adapter does not transfer sound.

You cannot get around this sorry. The only solution would be return it and purchase a speaker system that is designed for the iPhone 5 or is wireless over bluetooth.

Once such as this will work and is wireless

Click me to view

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sometimes see Bluetooth music devices...never used Bluetooth!how doe it work please with my iphone 5 is it easy to connect?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Very easy William.

You on the phone, go to Settings, Bluetooth, turn it on.

Then the speaker you buy will show you the exact instructions to connect it to the iPhone.

Once connected, it works from then on without needing to do anything, and is wireless up to 10 meters.

It really is the way to go these days

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so Bluetooth is possible from my iphone5 to any Bluetooth music device quite often up to ten metres from the iphone without any cables or connecting charge?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Correct William.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much I will try to buy a good Bluetooth device...your help most appreciated...William!