Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Hello This is driving me mad. I have just moved over to

Customer Question

This is driving me mad. I have just moved over to virgin mobile pay as you go, it is imperative that I can send and receive emails. My iphone 5 on ios 7 was set up fo my own emails with mail.godualsim.co.uk for my incoming pop emails and smtp.orange.net for outgoing emails whilst on orange, now I am with virgin you would think that all I need to change is smtp.orange.net to smtp.virginmedia.com, but this does not work and I have spent 2 hours on the phone to virgin this evening and they cannot help!

Can anyone assist?

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

JoelK :

Hello.

JoelK :

Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

Where is the POP incoming from if not from Orange?

JACUSTOMER-gs1dh3ql- :

JACUSTOMER-gs1dh3ql- :

Hello, I am now with virgin mobile, it comes from mail.godualsim.co.uk, this is not the issue its the outgoing smtp, i.e. smtp.orange.net worked but I need the virgin version.

JoelK :

Have you received the smtp settings from Virgin Mobile?

JACUSTOMER-gs1dh3ql- :

Tried everything, for hours, I have 15 years experience setting up pop/smtp,never seen anything like it. If you don't know the immediate answer don't worry.

JoelK :

Does your email address use @ virginmedia dot com?

JoelK :

I am researching this issue for you, and it makes a difference what your email address is. If you can please answer my question, yes or no, I will be able to assist you.

JoelK :

Your smtp setting must match your email address.

JoelK :

You also need to select

JoelK :

SSL and configure the Port to 465.

JoelK :

Are you using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for your incoming email on godualsim?

JACUSTOMER-gs1dh3ql- :

Been through all of this several times, unless you know the exact answer you help will not help, thanks anyway but please leave this.

JoelK :

I just gave you the exact answer. I have asked you for more information. If you want to continue you will need to comply.

JACUSTOMER-gs1dh3ql- : You must be joking, I have already gone through everything online and with virgin for 3 hours now, you should only be offering your answer service if you know the answer, I am not paying for someone to go on google and search the answers like I have been doing myself. I do not expect to hear from you again regarding this of be charged for that matter. As per my last message please leave this and thanks anyway.
JoelK :

The correct answer is virginmobile, not virginmedia, for your SMTP setting. You must use SSL, and I am not certain that your iPhone will permit your SMTP to be SSL if your POP setting is non-SSL. This is probably your problem. I am an expert in email too, but I do not know everything . I need some cooperation on your part in order to help you. I understand that you are frustrated right now. Please come back later and accept my answer.