Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Several years experience in both smartphone setup and sales.
30759776

I have an Xperia SP, bought 2 monthis ago from O2. The screen

Customer Question

I have an Xperia SP, bought 2 monthis ago from O2. The screen has gone blank but I can talk and hear using the phone so it sounds as if it's a screen-only problem. I have lots of personal data and very sentimental photos on the phone. Someone at O2 has said I should be able to upload all my data to a PC, despite the screen not working, until the phone is repaired when I can download it all again. Is this correct? And how do I go about it?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Yes, you can access the pictures and such on the phone.

On the computer, open My Computer and view the drives.
- Here you will see the phone listed by name or by SD card/Phone Card.
- Double click on it and look for the "DCIM" folder, in it you will find the "100ANDRO" folder.
- This is the folder that holds all of your pics and videos.
- Copy the folder to Pc and rename the folder.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason