Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT, and I changed my gmail

hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT, and I changed my gmail password XXXXX my home laptop this morning due to security measures, and ever since my Samsung phone wont sync my gmails or update my gmails on the screen. I cant seem to 'sign out' and 'sign back in' with the new password.
I don't want to have to remove the gmail account, and add it again, as my phone says that I can only do that via Privacy in Settings, and that this will delete all data from my phone.
What can I do?
Thanks ever so much...in desperation
Kim
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Kim! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you use the Email app or Mail app or Gmail app?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I use the gmail app only.

Please try this: go to Apps -> Settings -> (More) -> Applications / Application manager -> ALL, then scroll down to Gmail app, and open it, then select the option to clear data (this only sign out gmail, it does not affect your other data on the phone), and cache, then open Gmail and it will ask you to sign in your gmail.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I have followed your instructions, but the Gmail app is not listed under the ´'Manage applications'. It lists google play books, google play store, plus other apps like flashlight, but not gmail.

What do I do?

Do I go into the option 'running services', which is underneath 'manage applications'?

After tapping Manage applications, swipe from right to left a few times as needed, then you will see more applications.

If that does not work, go to Apps -> Play Store, then type/search for Gmail, then uninstall/reinstall it, then open Gmail app, and it will let you sign in with new password.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, yes, I have found the gmail app....I have pressed 'clear data', and it says that all the data will be deleted including all files, settings, accounts databases etc...do you still want me to press it, and then press the 'cache' button?

Yes, please continue, this only affects gmail, not anything else, then after you have signed back in gmail, then all your emails will re-sync automatically.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have you received my last two repeated queries? My phone says it will delete all files if I press 'clear data' button...should I go ahead and press it?

Yes, I did. Did you see my reply back? Please continue to clear data and clear cache, this only affects gmail, not anything else, then after you have signed back in gmail, then all your emails will re-sync automatically.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cleared the data button, but the 'clear cache' button is now not highlighted, and I cant press it. The phone remains on this same screen with all buttons unhighlighted....so how do I now sign back into gmail?

That's fine, yes, please open gmail app and sign in and check. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, sorry about this....I am trying to sign in, but it keeps telling me that there is a network error while trying to sign in. I am retrying, but the same message keeps coming up! Help :))

Please press & hold the power on/off button, then power off the phone.

Then turn iit back on. then make sure you are able to browse the Internet / websites on the phone, then try to sign in again. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, yes, it is now syncing properly. Thank you so much for your help. Kim

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I have submitted excellent service. Is that all I have to do? Have a nice evening.):))

After selecting / clicking on Excellent service, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you,