Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Android Root, Custom ROM applications, Blackberry platform, iPhone, tablets, PDA
64043135

I have an iphone 4s. After four rings, it transfers to answerphone.

I have an iphone 4s. After four rings, it transfers to answerphone. Can I extend this to, say, eight rings?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tony,

You can set the iPhone to wait longer or shorter than the default 20 seconds before it goes to voicemail when receiving an incoming call. This will result in a different number of rings before the voice messaging system picks up the line and plays your outgoing message. To change the amount of time the iPhone will ring follow these steps:

1. Open the phone app and dial *#61# ***** the Keypad. Press the Call button.

2. Locate this text on the screen: "Setting Interrogation Succeeded, Voice Call Forwarding, When Unanswered, Forwards to +" and record the 11-digit number after the + symbol.

3. Touch the Dismiss button. Now enter this code on the Keypad: *61*+ followed by the 11-digit Forwards to number recorded in step 2, followed by *11 and *ringtime#. Ringtime is the number of seconds you want your iPhone to ring before voicemail picks up. Your finished code should look something like this:

*61*+18555513466*11*30#

In the example above the ring time is set to 30 seconds. Press the Call button.

4. You should receive the message: Setting Activation Succeeded. Press Dismiss and next time you receive a call it will ring for the new amount of time before going to voicemail.

Please let me know hoe it behaves.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. How do I Forwards to +" after the setting deactivation successful message?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Dan,
What error do you get now? or where in the process do you get stuck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am getting "Setting Interrogation Succeeded, Voice Call Forwarding, When Unanswered, Forwards to 121 Disabled"

Below that it just reads "Dismiss"

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Dan,
Go to
Settings > Call > Call Forwarding

See if all of them are Disabled.
this should resolve the 121 error
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. All are disabled. But what so I do next?

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Are you having the same problem with calls?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now I'm getting no ringtone at all!

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Dan
Are you outside the US by any chance? If yes give me your country an d carrier and i will find you the right code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm so sorry! I had the sound switch in the off position. All seems to be fine now. Many thanks.