Randy SmartphoneTech
Randy SmartphoneTech, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone technician.
62741268

Hi have s5got soaked with rain as left on table outside for

Hi have s5got soaked with rain as left on table outside for couple of minutes now phone keeps switching of and on every few minutes
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy SmartphoneTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that happened. In order to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 working again, you will need to clean and dry the phone. The best way to dry the phone will be to disassemble the phone and use isopropyl alcohol(rubbing alcohol) and cool air to clean and dry the internal parts. The alcohol dissipates the moisture from the internal parts. I have seen just a small drop of water in the right place cause these kinds of problems. It is sometimes very difficult to dry them with rice and the other methods. Most times it requires the disassembly to get it working again. I use the isopropyl alcohol in a small jar and then dip the disassembled phone parts down in the alcohol and then dry them with cool air. This usually gets the phones working again, however there may already be some damage, anytime there is contact with water you should disassemble and clean before powering on.
.
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Phone was sent back to samsung who say it is to expensive to repair so I don't know what else I can do as phone has been taken apart and dried