Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I have a galaxy S4. Usually takes good photos but now on holiday

Customer Question

I have a galaxy S4. Usually takes good photos but now on holiday and it won't auto focus. Keeps moving in and out of focus and won't hold focus long enough to take photo. Also there is a tiny rectangle outline , with arrow symbol alongside , in top corner , which isn't normally there
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 3 years ago.
Viet-Smartphone Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this basic step yet: press & hold the power on/off button on the smartphone for a couple of seconds or so, then select the Restart option, then see if the camera works fine again? Please let me know.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

Please try each of the followings until it works:

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

1. Press & hold the power on/off button on the smartphone for a couple of seconds or so, then select the Restart option, then check camera.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

2. Go to Settings -> (More if needed) -> Applications -> ALL, then tap on the Camera app, then clear data / cache, then check.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

3. Open Camera app, then go to Settings in Camera, then select Metering option, then select Matrix, and check. If needed, try another Metering option.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

4. Go to Settings -> (More if needed) -> Applications -> ALL, then tap on the item Google Services Framework, then clear data/cache, and check. If needed, restart the phone and check.

Viet-Smartphone Tech :

Please type at the box below in order to communicate with me. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there; when you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

.nothing has worked so far .

I'm sorry, so you were able to try all my suggestions successfully, but it did not work.

Please make sure nothing is covered your camera's len on the phone (clear plastic), and make sure the camera's len is not dirty, then check.

If that does not work, it could be the issue with the phone software or camera's hardware. Is it okay to reset the phone to factory settings, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Forgot to say that the focussing frame on the camera screen is red as it loses its focus . Problem is worse today if anything . Symbol still in corner though have got rid of the download that was on going before.

At the home screen, from the top of the screen, swipe down, then is there a clear option?

It could be a hardware issue with the camera, or it could be that the phone software is corrupted. Is it okay to reset the phone to factory settings, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you