Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Several years experience in both smartphone setup and sales.
30759776

I am having problems with I-phone

Customer Question

I am having problems with I-phone 4 when trying to download updates to applications. When I enter my Apple ID password, I am told "Your account is disabled for security reasons. Tap RESET to reset your account." I do that and enter a new password ***** it tells me my password ***** been reset. But when I try to download, I keep getting the "disabled" message again. Ken XXX

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ken, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.
On your computer, open iTunes program. Then go to iTunes store (top right). On the right hand side, under Quick links, select My account. Enter your login info to go into your account. Click on Reset button and follow the prompts.
When done, on your iphone, go to Settings->iTunes and tap Log out. Confirm to log out. Tap Log in and enter your info. Try to update your apps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nick. Another problem here. I was told by PC to install latest version of I-tunes and I tried and was told - "i-tunes not installed correctly - please re-install i-tunes" (error 7) - windows error 127. I've tried but I can't get any further. Ken

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Ken,
If you have this problem, you will have to uninstall iTunes first. Reboot your computer. Then go to www.apple.com/itunes/download to download and install iTunes.
Test and let me know.
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know how to uninstall I-tunes. I tried to install latest version and got message that it had been installed successfully. Then I get same message about error 7 (windows error 127)! Ken

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Ken,

Please do the following steps:

1. Quit the following programs if they're running:
    • iTunes

• Apple Software Update
  2. Choose Start > Control Panel.
  3. In Control Panel, open "Add or Remove Programs."
  4. Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs. Click Remove.
  5. When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, select Yes.
  6. After the uninstallation is complete, don't restart your computer if you're prompted.
  7. If you see other iTunes entries in the list, remove them by repeating steps 4–6.
  8. Using steps 4–6, also remove all instances of:
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Device Support
    • Bonjour
    • Apple Application Support
  9. Restart your computer.
  10. After reboot your computer, run the installation again.
  11. Open iTunes and let me know.

Nick

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nick - I carried out your instructions and deleted all you said. I then got the message "The program cannot start because Corefoundation.dll is missing from your computer. I ignored this and installed I-tunes. I then got a message "could not open key UNKNOWN\components . . ." I ignored this and then got Service "Apple mobile device" failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." I ignored that. Then I got another message to say that I-tunes had been successfully installed. Next was a message that "Apple Application Support was not found" (windows error 2) and I had to uninstall (again) and reinstall, which I did and got the same result, so I cannot install i-tunes. Ken

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Ken,Are you using Windows Vista or 7, 8?If yes, right click on the setup file and select Run as Administrator. You will not see those error messages while installation.Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nick - sorry but I can't remember which Windows is on my PC. And I don't know what you mean by "the setup file. Ken

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Ken,The iTune download file. That is what I mean. Right click on that file and select Run as administrator.Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nick - I'm afraid that no "administrator" option appeared when I did the right click. Ken

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Ken,
At this point, let me open your question to another expert so they can remote into your computer and fix the itunes issue.
Nick
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jason - I'm going to admit defeat just now. My home PC has now crashed and this is from my office PC. I will need to get an engineer to do a fix. Ken

Thank you for the update, Ken.
Is there anything else I can help you with today while you have me here?