Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I wish to do a factory re-set on my GT-19001 but cannot because

I wish to do a factory re-set on my GT-19001 but cannot because the mobile tracker is set and will not permit a re-set. I do not recall ever setting this password ***** appears to want 8 digits.
Actually what I really want to do is get rid of a googlemail account which keeps persisting and prevents me doing other things on-line.
I cancelled *****@******.*** without any trouble. But when I try to remove *****@******.*** it tells me to do a factory re-set.
Peter Brain
Exmouth, Devon, UK
*****@******.***
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try to reset with the following steps:

1.Turn off your phone by pressing & hold the power on/off button, then power off.
2.Press and hold at the same time the 3 buttons: volume up button + home button + power button until the Samsung logo appears.
3.Use the volume buttons and select "wipe data/factory reset" and then press home button
4.Use the volume buttons to select "yes", then press the home button
(Note: if it asks for password, then try password ***** (four zero's) for a few times as needed.)
5.Wait until process is finished.
6.Use the volume buttons to select "reboot system now" and press home button
7.Wait until the phone restarts; that's it.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if you got my further comment.

I cannot get past action 2 as no options appear on the screen.

I now have a green target figure on the screen after repeating action 2.

Peter

I'm sorry; with the phone powered off (remove battery, then re-insert it, but DO NOT turn on the phone), what exactly happens when you press at the same time the 3 buttons Volume Up, Home, and Power for about 5 to 10 seconds?

If needed, let's try this: with the phone powered off (remove battery, then re-insert it, but DO NOT turn on the phone): press at the same time the two buttons: Volume Up and Power for about 5 to 10 seconds, then do you see anything?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done this.

Holding all three buttons the name SAMSUNG appears followed by the start-up id (Galaxy SPlus) which then disappears and the name then starts up again; this goes on for about 4 times and then the odd image appears of a box with an arrow and a small green figure alongside. This lasts for a few seconds then the normal start-up procedure continues.

No words on the screen at any point.

Peter

Sorry; it is strange. Can you see a video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa8suPiVZec

Make sure to remove battery first, then re-insert it. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have watched the video and done exactly as it says..

The options simply do not appear on the screen after the initial image, which I recognise.

No words, no choices.

And now the time has been reset without my doing anything to it!

I have had a virus checker and malware detector running before all this.

Sorry, it is strange. Can you reset your google /gmail account password ***** the website https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?

If that does not work, can you download and install the Samsung Kies program on your computer:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

, then download and save the firmware:
http://samsung-updates.com/gt-i9001-galaxy-s-plus/

, then connect the phone to the computer, and update the firmware via the Kies program on the computer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's late here so I am giving up and going to bed!