Randy SmartphoneTech
Randy SmartphoneTech, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone technician.
62741268

We live in France for some of the year, and cannot get SKY

We live in France for some of the year, and cannot get SKY tv. A friend told me that she has a 'sling box' which 'slings' her sky tv down to her laptop in France. What is this, and how do I get one?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy SmartphoneTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
The slingbox is a device that you connect to your cable or satellite and it streams your signal using the internet too any location that you have internet. You can then connect your computer or another slingbox to the tv in France and view the programminug.
>PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW INFO<
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the link. It sounds just what I need, but how do I connect it? Does it plug into the back of the sky box, or the mains socket? Also, does my laptop need to hide it's IP address to be able to watch in France, as programmes are automatically screened out through normal channels.

you connect the slingbox to the sky box component out, then connect the slingbox to the internet. Sometimes you do have to hide the ip address. You can use a program calledhttp://incloak.com/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great Thanks