Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

my s5 has been dead the past few days - i have been away!!

my s5 has been dead the past few days - i have been away!! recharged it, but it will not offer me the finger print option just the alternative password ***** i cant remember - what can i do? thx
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press & hold the power on/off button on the phone for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, please enter the (wrong) password ***** 5 to 10 times, and see if it gives you the option to enter your google/gmail email address account and password ***** is associated with your phone (if you do not remember your google/gmail account password, you can reset it at https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/)

If all fails, please try this:

Press & hold the power on/off button for about 20 seconds in order to completely power it off.

Please let me know. Thank you