Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

No wifi connection s3 mini phone is brand new

Customer Question

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's brand/model of your internet / wireless / wi-fi modem/router device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting for reply

I'm sorry. Did you see my previous reply at all? What's brand/model of your internet / wireless / wi-fi modem/router device?

Please scroll up/ down this web page in order to see all my replies. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent this message all ready it is a bt home hub 2 my tablet and laptop are working ok just the phone

Sorry, your reply only just came. When you go to Settings -> Wi-Fi on the iPhone, then does it see your wireless network name? If yes, what happens when you tap / connect to it? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The phone is samsung s3 mini when I tap to connect it comes up obtaining ip address

Can you please disconnect the power cord from the BT Home hub device for about 5 minutes, then reconnect.
, then press & hold power on/off button on the samsung phone, then power off, then turn it back on, and try to connect to Wi-Fi again?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Didn't work just the same

Sorry, is the phone able to connect to any other Wi-Fi network name, such as at your neighbor's wireless or at a public wireless?

Are you communicating with me on a windows or mac computer? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Communicating on windows,there is open networks available can't connect to them either

I'm sorry, it looks like there is Wi-Fi/wireless hardware issue with the new phone; you could have gotten a bad one as it cannot connect to any network name, so it's not a compatibility issue with your BT hub modem. But can you reset the phone to factory setting (Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Device, or something similar), then we can confirm.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,