Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196
Smartphones

About : Doro Liberto 820 miniI wish to transfer the

Hello.
About : Doro Liberto 820... Show More
Hello.
About : Doro Liberto 820 mini
I wish to transfer the applications from internal memory to microsdhc
Can you help me ?
Category: Smartphones
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

Your Dor Liberto is an Android device. Although I do not have this smart new phone, I can help you transfer files from internal memory to micro sd cardby using file manager. If your phone does not have one, we can download one from the Google Play store.

I know that your internal memory is limited, with only 4.8 GB available. Unfortunately, apps cannot be moved from internal memory to an sd card. The operating system can only run apps in internal memory.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

What do you think about to root the device and use Link2SD ?

I tried to root it without success.

Maybe an expert can help me, what I hope from you.

Best regards.

Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andre,

I had not considered whether there was an app, such as link2sd, which can move applications to the sd card. Good for you, that you knew about this. I am checking on it now. I just started looking, and I have not seen a requirement to root your deviceyet.

I will keep you posted in a few minutes...

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hello Joel. It is time fo me to o bed thinking t he problem.

Over a night is all possible So I hope a solution afterdaay

Andre,

Okay. Sorry, I did not realize that you were in Europe. Talk to you tomorrow then.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hello Joel.

Thank you for your kind reactivity.

But my problem is not solved, so I have a problem to give you a good rate.

Maybe have you another - and last one- answer ?

What can I do to solve these problems ?

I have been waiting for you to return online, so that we could continue solving your problem together. However, I will tell you what I discovered while researching your problem.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Here am I and listening

I found articles about link2sd that said you would have to root your phone in order to use it, and I found other articles that said that link2sd could be installed on your sd card and used to transfer applications from internal memory to the sd card in order to free space in internal memory for the operating system. The method that does not require rooting does, however, require partitioning of the sd card. In order to partition the sd card, you need to have a card reader connected to your computer, so that you can use your computer to partition the sd card. The card needs to be removed from the phone and inserted into a card reader connected to your computer. DO YOU HAVE AN SD CARD READER?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Yes and my card is already partitioned and into my smartphone.

Great! Have you been able to download link2sd to the sd card?

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Link2sd and Link2sdplus are installed on my smartphone

The instructions that I saw specified that they must be installed onto the new partition on the sd cards and not in the smartphone's internal memory. Have you made that distinction when you downloaded them?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I cannot install applis on the sd card; I have only options to transfer files like music and soo.

Link2DS doesn't find the place where to transfer the applis I wish to shift

I think that the only way you can do this correctly is to turn off your phone and remove the sd card again. Then download link2sd and/or link2sd plus to your computer and move them to your sd card. Then reinsert your sd card into your phone. Make sure that you remember to turn off your phone first, before removing or reinserting your sd card. I destroyed a phone, because, under pressure, I forgot to do this.
You cannot move link2sd and/or link2sd plus from the internal memory of your smartphone to your sd card, because that is the original problem that you started with!
Andre -
I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I am glad that I was able to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.
If you have any smartphone problems in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.
- Joel
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joel
I received informations - OK - but no solution.
It seems that the only way to solve the problem is to root my phone.
But no information about this.
So am I still hoping to find the good idea, but I'am not an expert.
Did you move the link2sd app from your computer to your sd card while he sd card was in the card reader? After that, when you reinsert the sd card into your phone, you should be able to run the app from the sd card and pull other apps onto the sd card from your phone. Have you tried this?? (I cannot tell what you have done from your brief answers.) Please let me know. Cheers.