Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I connect my iPhone 5s to my laptop but it wont register

Customer Question

I connect my iPhone 5s to my laptop but it wont register so I can access it, it say iPhone restores iPhone, I click on to it but nothing happens, On my laptop another message also appears saying I tunes was not installed correctly error 7 windows error 127
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Uninstall iTunes completely from your computer. Goto Start > Control Panel. In Control Panel, open "Add or Remove Programs." Then remove the following one by one in the correct order.
iTunes
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support
Then download the CCleaner (Free) application and install it from here --> https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Open it and look for iTunes related registries, like this one "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls]
"C:\\Program Files\\iPod\\bin\\iPodService.exe"=dword:80000000"
Delete it if you found it. Then goto C:\Programme Files (x86)\iTunes and delete QTMovieWin.dll file. Delete the same file from C:\Programme Files \iTunes folder (ignore if you can't find the file)
Then download and reinstall iTunes from here --> https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I uninstalled the software then I downloaded the piriform programme , now I'm confused as what to do next I've looked for those itune regestries but cannot find anything like that and I don't no what c:/ programme is or where it is
Lee
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
C: is your hard drive and Program files, iTunes etc are folders inside it. You can find C drive in Computer or This PC. Let me know how it goes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lee, Sorry for the delays. How is it going ?