Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have, almost 2 weeks ago, started a contract with EE and

I have, almost 2 weeks ago, started a contract with EE and received a Sumsung 3 phone. It stays on standby as I haven't made or received calls yet but I have to charge it twice a day. If I put it on overnight and take it off charge about 8 AM it lasts, without using it, till about 3 PM when it starts bleeping me to plug it in.
I have been back to the EE shop who looked at it and said the Power Saving and Restricted Background activity was correct and that was just how it was. Are they correct or have I been sold a dud?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. No, it was not how it was. They were wrong. What is the exact model number of your phone and I will tell you standby and usage time of that model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SM-A300FU
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That is a Samsung A3 model. It has a 1900 mAh battery which has Talktime of upto 12 hours (on 3G) or 60 hours of music playback or 7 hours of internet time or 8 hours of video playback or more than 250 hours of stand by time. No smartphones including this one have to recharged twice a day without using it. It is very clear that they sold you a damaged unit. Either it is the battery that is failing or it is an internal board issue. Since this is a new phone, I'd recommend to take it for a replacement unit. All new Samsung phones comes with 1 year warranty and you are eligible for a free replacement. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** copy your reply and go back to the shop
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. To make sure this is not software issue which is very unlikely to happen, you can factory reset it and test for one or two days. Factory reset will erase everything from it and install a fresh software. Go to Settings select Backup & Reset and do Factory reset from there. After factory reset, setup it again and test it for 1 or 2 days. If it still has the problem, that indicates and hardware issue and you can take it back for a replacement. If they are saying I'm wrong, then show them this article --> http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-galaxy-a3-galaxy-a3-duos-battery-life-test/