Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

My iPhone will not auto pair to my Samsung sound bar despite resetting as you describ

Hi, My iPhone will not auto pair to my Samsung sound bar despite resetting as you describe the iPhone back to factory settings and the sound bar by powering down sound Bar then pressing and holding stop button on remote till init OK appears, I just need to press Not connected and it manually connects. Your help will be very much appreciated
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Steve,To clarify, it does connect to the sound bar when you manually do it, and connects correctly, but not automatically when it is in the vicinity correct?And what model soundbar is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's correct.
HW - 450
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, meant to tell you its a Samsung coupled to a Samsung television.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you go to Settings, Bluetooth, does it show the soundbar as paired?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You mean the soundbar is already paired to the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it shows that the sound bar is paired.
The sound bar is connected to the television with a USB lead. Sound bar is blue toothed to the sub whoofer.
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it can though only connect with one device at one time, so when its connect via blue tooth to another device, it needs to break the connection to connect to your phone, and that has to be done manually ads you then disconnect it from the sub woofer.Remove the connection to the sub woofer and then restart the phone and test if it auto connects.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The connection to the sub woofer is between the sound bar and sub woofer automatically not my iphone
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I do not exactly understand your last message Steve,Did you see what I said about only one bluetooth connection can be made at one time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were referring to my iPhone, you didn't make it clear. So are you saying that the sound bar can only connect to one device. This cannot be right as I can manually Bluetooth to the sound bar when the sound bar is already connected to the woofer. Am I right?
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct, any device can only accept one bluetooth connection at once. What I have been saying is when you manually connect then it disconnects the other connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but it doesn't, the sound bar is connected to the woofer and at the same time to my iPhone. That's how it works??
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Steve, how do you know its connected to the woofer on bluetooth, as two devices cannot connect at the same time, its not possible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we are going no where? I have been sick hence no follow up from your last email.
It's a wireless connection between Sound Bar and Sub Woofer. We know when it's connected as the neon changes from red to purple.
So the sound bar and my iPhone has only one connection.
So my issue is no closer to getting solved unfortinately..
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for clarifying the setup Steveon the iPhone can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.Let the iPhone restart and tell me if it now auto connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't connect automatically after carrying out the above
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksPlease go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.then pair it again with the soundbar and tell me if it then auto connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I explained in my first email, I have already done this without success. Anyway I tried the above again with no success.
Steve Beard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Steve, one of the things that can happen when so much time passes between responses.If the bar has also been reset and you have done a full factory reset of the phone, then the only issue left is with the bluetooth radio in the soundbar, and thats its not detecting the iPhone and sending out a signal. As you have ruled out the firmware via the reset, only option left would be to return it and have it replaced with a working bar that is auto connecting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound bar clearly sees my iPhone when manually connected. The sound bar tells me the name of my iphone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not saying it has an issue connecting but with it auto connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard you were not able to solve anything, you advised nothing that I didn't already know or had already tried as advised in my first mail to you. I hope you have not charged me , as the agreement is that you do not charge until you have fixed the issue.