Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a a Galaxy Core Prime model Sm-G360F I do not use the

I have a a Galaxy Core Prime model Sm-G360F I do not use the Internet on it can I get ride of Google without damaging calls and texts.
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never have used the Internet on my mobiles only phone calls and texts. Please tell me how to get the Internet off.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. You need to understand that your phone was developed by Google. They own the Android operating system. They control the network, and they are responsible for operating and maintaining it. Consequently, they want and need to locate and track every Android device on their network. The way that they do that is by having all owners and operators of Android devices establish a Google account. This also supports their Google search engine and gmail businesses. They have a Kill switch for your smartphone, and they can shut you down if you do not cooperate within a reasonable amount of time. You do not need to use the internet, but you do need to have a Google account. However, you are missing out on a wealth of information at your fingertips. You do not need a large data plan to use the Google search engine. I like it, because anytime I see a celebrity on television whose name I cannot think of, I can just type the name of a movie or tv show they were in, and instantly my memory (in my head) i refreshed. It also takes the place of many bulky reference books which take up a lot of room on a bookshelf. If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. My name is ***** ***** I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you getting back to me and giving me important information so that I understood why Google has to be on my phone. Very helpful to know. Thank you