Ashik
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I'm experiencing a problem sending photos from my iPhone 4S

I'm experiencing a problem sending photos from my iPhone 4S to my Gmail account, for further forwarding.
When I take a photo, I use Upload (square with an upward arrow) / Next / Mail / New Message to send to my own Gmail address.
I assume it's using my Gmail on the iPhone to send the attachment.
Sometimes it gets to my Gmail account after a long delay, sometimes it just gets lost.
Is there a better way?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

How many photos are you trying to send at once ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just one photo.

I've found in the past that 5 is the maximum, but in this case, just a single photo.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Actually, the limit is about the size, not the number. The file size limit is 25 MB and you can upload any number of files up to 25 MB.

In here the best option is, upload the files to Google Drive and then you can share that file via Gmail. You can upload files up to 15GB on Google Drive without any limitations on number. Download Google Drive from App Store, upload photos to it and send those photos from Google Drive. Or you can keep a copy on Google drive as backup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** useful.

As there's nothing exceptional about the size of photos I'm sending to Gmail, I'm curious why I can't do it any more.

I feel there's some setting which is not correct.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It could be a glitch in Mail app which can be fixed by removing and add the account back from Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars. Try using the Official Gmail app (download Gmail from App Store). The official Gmail app is well designed for Gmail and should do this without any issue.

Install Gmail app from App Store. Then go to Photos > Share and select Gmail instead of Mail. Does it allow you to attach and send pictures ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard, I'm just checking. How is it going ?