Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

My i phone 6 blue tooth is not managing to connect to new

Customer Question

My i phone 6 blue tooth is not managing to connect to new devices but is working with old devices
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Is it multiple devices it does not connect to?

And what is the message you get when it fails to connect?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am trying to connect to my new fit bit and the icon just keeps spinning, for hours with no message but does not find it.
I am now trying to connect a sure sense monitor but it can't find that either?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Then let the phone restart and tell me if it now pairs please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just trying that now.
No it is still just whirring round and not finding my devices
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

thanks

Can you go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings

Then tell me if it pairs please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just have someone here, I will just be a few minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

no problem

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I have done that and the little circle of lines is still just spinning round
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

is this with the Fitbit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is not finding either device. I can go to the fit bit set up and try and ask it to reconnect again
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I want you to factory reset the Fitbit, it will remove all your data and return it to new but this we have to do.

1. Plug your tracker into the charger, and make sure the other end of the charger is plugged into a working USB port.
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately two seconds.
  3. Continue to hold the button while removing the tracker from the charging cable.
  4. Continue to hold the button for an additional seven to nine seconds, then release the button and immediately press it again.
  5. Your tracker will advance to a screen that says ALT immediately followed by a white screen. These screens may come up quickly and you might miss seeing one of the screens.
  6. Press the button after you see the white screen to advance to a screen that says VIBE. Your tracker will begin to vibrate.
  7. Press the button again to advance to the Error screen.
  8. Press and hold the button until you see the “Erase” screen, then let go of the button.

The tracker will now turn off. You can turn it back on by pressing the button again or by plugging the tracker into the charger. You'll know the reset happened if the time on your tracker is 0:00.

Then try to connect to it please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is looking good
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

it connected?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
did the other device. Thank you so much :-)
You don't also know a reason why my keypad won't type numbers do you, even when I use the numbers lock key?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I mean on my laptop?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Whats the make and model of the Laptop?

And can I ask you rate me now please just to get that out of the way so I am credited for helping you?

Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience: Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sony Vio
Model SVE151D11M
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

which version of windows is on it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Go to Start , then select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard, and then move the slider under On-Screen Keyboard.

You see it appear?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, now click on option and click Turn on Numeric Keypad

Then click on Numlock on the onscreen keyboard

Tell me if it then works on the keyboard itself please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. It worked onscreen and added s keyboard to the end ok
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

This computer came with windows 7 correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correct but it updated recently
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

it is a compatibility issue, there is nothing else that can interfere with this.

You would either need to revert to 7 again if its within 30 days since you did the upgrade else you would need to see if Sony produce an update for this (I checked by saw no plans yet from then about it sorry)