JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has supported smart devices for the last 10 years, troubleshooting connectivty, application and hardware issues.
75967336

I have a nokia 536 phone (number 07944 394681) and the apps

I have a nokia 536 phone (number 07944 394681) and the apps will not update and I get a login prompt for my mircosoft account.
the login screen has a pre populated field with a user name/email address (*****@******.***) that don't have access to - I have tried the password ***** on the webpage but the phone number I am quoting (mine) is not recognised on the account user name***@******.***.
I cannot understand whether I am using the wrong user name? but if I am I don't know what it should be anyway.
and I don't know the passoword. I rang your overseas call centre yesterday and just went round in circles as the lady suggested I try the online password ***** but I cant get passed the first few pages.
wen I go the the apps page to update on my phone the error code quoted is(###) ###-#### and the supporting text says 'there has been an problem completing our request this error code may be helpful'
can you help.
regards
Alison. :)
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear your having issues, with your phone.

If you cant recall your credentials for a4sharp, I suggest we set you up with a new account, which we can pair your phone to that account.

Please confirm that the a4sharp e-mail address is not your primary e-mail address.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there not a facility to change the current email contact details on my account??
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Alison, for me to verify you I need to arrange a quick phone call with you.

Once complete I can issue you a new password.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can we arrange a call.
Friday after 7pm is good for me on 07944 394681.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

You will need to accept the proposal for a phone call, as all calls have to go through the just answer system (I cant call you directly), I may struggle to call you at 7pm, is there another time either later this evening or Saturday?

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi, is there a suitable time I can call you today (sunday) or this coming week?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will be available after 6.30. Alison
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Alison as per conversation, please rate the service received so I may close the case.

It appears there was some confusion over the username a4sharpe and a4sharp, which was the reason we had some issues earlier.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
James I have sent you a reply regarding the loss of all my contacts and photos as a result of following the instructions you gave to reset my phone to install the Microsoft account - you didn't explain how to retrieve these from the cloud / backup.Alison
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Alison,

Sorry I didnt get the message regarding the lost contacts not being restored.

Before we did the reset you confirmed the backup was enabled on contacts, messages etc, the reset should have worked and restored the phone as per the account you had setup for a4sharp. It should have automatically downloaded the contacts. Please see the video here which shows the restore process again, in essence its a reset and restore to retrieve the backup.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Am still waiting for your response about retrieving the things I have lost as a result of following your instructions.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Alison, I have provided a response above, you need to follow the video to perform a restore, which will use the backup the phone took.