Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

Although phone says connected to wi-fi no symbol appears on

Customer Question

Although phone says connected to wi-fi no symbol appears on phone and network number moves up and down list as if trying to find network yet phone still works, have no symbol for my provider (EE)if I go on my EE message reads Your out of signal. This happens even though I am only 1 foot away from router
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

What is the make and model of your smartphone?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

When you say that network number moves up and down the list, what do you mean by network number? Are you talking about the list of wifi Network Names (SSID's)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
although I get message connected to Wi-Fi network BTWifi Hub5-Q8GQ and this moves to top of list of other networks available close by and then drops to third in list then up to first

What do you mean by your provider (EE)? Is your internet service provider BT or EE?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bt Internet provider EE mobile phone provider

Please go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Mobile Data and remove the check mark from the box next to Mobile Data. Your phone may have bee accessing the internet over the cellular network when you are in your wifi area near your router. While this might be a good workaround your probliem, it is costing you unless you have unlimited data on your EE plan. Also, for troubleshooting the box needs to be unchecked, because it is masking the symptoms of the problem that we are trying to analyze and fix.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you problem has now been solved by my son

Oh good. I am glad that you have solved your problem. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.