Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

My samung s6 has got a black screen and blue flashing

Hey, my samung s6 has got a black screen and blue flashing lights. I've tried a reboot and master reset but nothing happens... just those blue flashing lights.. I've tried charging it until it's fully charged (green light comes on). I've just plugged it into my PC and it now has a red light as if it is being charged. When unplugging it from my PC, the screen remains black and there no longer is any lights, until I try turn it on/reboot it Any ideas
Assistant: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Smartphone Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Thank you!
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Samsung S6 and roughly two years old
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days and I've tried rebooting it/master reset
Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phonw.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your response,I have tried your suggestion and the phone is still unresponsive, it still persists with the blue flashing lights.Thanks,
Nadine
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you Nadine

Can you power off the phone.

Then hold volume UP and power until you get to a menu

Can you get to this menu? Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When holding the power button to switch off the device, it appears that the device won't power down as it still shows those flashing lights. (For any amount of time I've pressed the power off button for)I have tried volume up & power at the same time, no menu appears on the screen..Thanks,
Nadine
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this is the only cause remaining.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your fast responses and advice, it was worth a try!Really appreciate the help regardless... Have a good day!