Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I work for a computer systems service company as a remote technician.
46422908

On 25 Jan 2010 I purchased Seagate expansions 1TB External

Customer Question

On 25 Jan 2010 I purchased Seagate expansions 1TB External Desktop USB 20O Hard Drive for PC / MY LAPTOP using XP. It was exactly the tool I required

Now I have purchased a new laptop using windows 7 I need an update please.
Can you help
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be helping you,

Have you connected the external hard drive to the new computer yet? Does it display anything when connected?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I select the "computer" screen displaying all the network drives the external drive does not show.which on my laptop is drive G

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Do you have mind if we do a screen sharing session so I can view your screen and resolve the issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Carry on

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Please click here ---> http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=3af3909d-c6e6-4caf-b79f-765bc2a59654&SUPPORT=NET

Select I AGREE/RUN when prompted
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
The external drive you have does not require any software to operate. It would be recognized automatically by the operating system, however it is not compatible with windows 7 which is why it is not being seen. You can try putting you pc in compatibility mode and see if that helps however in most of the ones I have tried this on it will not make any difference. I am afraid you will need to upgrade to a newer drive.