Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

Hello I am having difficulty in running certain programmes

Customer Question

I am having difficulty in running certain programmes as I have programmes missing that are as follows.
MSVCR80.dll
MSVCP80.dll
MSVCP90.dll
MFC80U.dll
It is telling me to reinstall but I am unable to as I do not know where to start. I have also tried to take the machine back to factory settings, I could not as it said I had no backup . The disc I made at the beginning has been mislaid. I have got the product key for windows but no disc. Thankyou
Category: Software
Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
Hello there, Thanks for using Justanswer. I am Nimman and I will be assisting you.

Do you have Visual C++ 2005 installed on your computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello you are dealing with a complete novice. I do not know what a C++ 2005 is .

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
This error is mainly happened because of the C++ library.

Go to the link below
http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=3387

Download and install that software and check if you get any error.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After doing that I got an error code COMCTL32.dll

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
Can you try a system restore ?

Click Start > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System restore.

Restore to a date in which everything worked fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

system restore will only let me go back two days

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
When does this problem started ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been trying for a month to rectify this problem

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt select Run as administrator.

In command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.

Wait until the scan completes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot find command prompt in accessories

thank you

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
Click Start, Type cmd ,from the search results right click on CMD Select Run as administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and press enter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have done the scan what do I do next please - box disappeared

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure that scan was complete ?

The box will not disappear automatically.

It may ask you to reboot the computer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it said completed scan, did not say anything regarding reboot . I cleared the box as it had no other instructions.

Expert:  Nimman replied 3 years ago.
I will opt out this question so that other experts can help you.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX and I would be happy to assist you today.

I would like to do a remote screen share session with you. It will just make things easier. There is also a chat function within the remote session and I think that will make it easier to assist you. Please let me know if this is ok with you and when you will be available. Thank you

Chris R
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am available now ty

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Here are the directions.

Please download and install the program from the link below. It is called Join.Me

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?installer=win&webdownload=true

Run the program and select SHARE. Then once you are sharing the screen you will see a 9 digit ID number at the top of the screen. Please tell me this ID number so that I can join you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi code is 577-518-705

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have done what you asked but nothing happened you took control and nothing happened please let us know what is happening

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.

Hello. Yes I connected with you but you were not responding. Also you have your desktop set to change backgrounds and it was impossible to do anything because everything was so slow. We can try again if you would like?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi we have tried to find a way to stop the change backgrounds unable to do so please tell us how, and yes we would like to try again ty

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.

You should be able to change the desktop background and themes by right clicking on the desktop and selecting Personalize. I personally do not have a problem with the desktop but the Join Me program is just sluggish since everything is going over the internet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will try again

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hopefully have changed screensaver this is the new code ty

703-709-803

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
That code is not working for me. Can you restart it and give me a new code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

425-329-501

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I had to close. I am not going to be able to do anything remotely. There is something seriously wrong with your computer. You seem to be missing important files. You need to run the command SFC /scannow in the prompt. If that does not say it fixed files then you have to either try a system restore to an earlier time or reinstall Windows.