Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

My Windows Vista home basic is functioning reasoably well with

Customer Question

My Windows Vista home basic is functioning reasoably well with the exception that when I leave Google chrome incognito window,loading resouces do not respond nor does the windows side bar.I cannot log off or shut down,I have to switch off at the mains,which is not reccomended.Can you please help.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Chris R and I would be happy to assist you today.

I know what you are talking about with the incognito window in Google Chrome, but I am not sure why it would be causing you to have computer problems. It most certainly should not be freezing your system causing you to have to manually restart the machine. It is just a special browser mode that lets you browse the internet without having the websites you visit stored in the browser history. Do you recall when this started happening? Did it start when you installed any new software or updates? Is there anything you have already done to try and fix the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 3 years ago.
Charles,

I received a response from you but it unfortunately something must have happened with our system because it is blank. Please try to post another response. Thank you.

Chris R