Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

My old PC runs on Windows XP. My new PC is Windows 8 with

Customer Question

My old PC runs on Windows XP. My new PC is Windows 8 with the 8.1 update. I am using a Belkin easy transfer cable and have installed easy transfer on the old PC. It opens up okay. However, I can't easy transfer to work on my new PC. I tried to load the Belkin software on the new PC, but, I get a message to say that easy transfer is already installed. Any suggestion re solving this issue please? regards XXXXX XXXXX XXXX

Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you download on the new computer, the free program revo uninstaller from my link below please

www.revouninstaller.com

Use the free 30 day trial

Once installed, run it and remove Easy Transfer.

Restart the computer and then try to install the program again.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard

I have downloaded revouninstaller, open it but easy transfer does not show show. Any ideas?

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Do the following please.

Press the windows Key + R, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

If it tells you to do this via Task Manager, then you do it via that

Click ok, restart and then try to install Easy Transfer

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bit worried doing this Richard. Will the programmes need to be enabled again and if so, is it easy to do?

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, they are enabled when you run them Charlie.

99% of the time you will not have an issue, but if you did, you just repeat my instructions but Enable All again.

And, I am here, so any issues you just let me know

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Systems Specialist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again Richard. Done as you said via task manager. the disable button does not work. disabled in some way?

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, then it cannot be disabled, but that is ok.

Doe the rest of my instructions and Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Richard

I managed to disable the progs individually. But I still can't load the Belkin easy transfer. When I start to launch the same original windows easy transfer window comes up. And it takes me nowhere.

Charlie.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

www.joinme.com

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard do want the number. If so it is 554-705-149.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Connected
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard Still Cant operate the transfer. Had enough for this week. Try again on Monday.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok Charlie,

The program is running, you just need to copy the Easy Transfer file from the old computer to the new computer as per the instructions I left.

But we can pick this up Monday, I am here then.

Enjoy your weekend Charlie

Richie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. Should have said before I am a novice. I think I only copied the shortcut. Now got the prog on memory stick. Talk next week.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its ok!

till next week
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

Lets try again. I loaded the Belkin programme from the memory stick to this PC. When I search for it I cannot find it. I also looked to see if I could uninstall the original Widows Easy Transfer that was preloaded on the PC but I cannot locate it either.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You dont load the program Charlie

You run the program on the old computer.

Make a backup

Transfer this backup file to the new computer.

run the program like we did on the new computer and restore the backup file.

Like in these instructions

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2735227

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

Used the above link. Used easy transfer on old PC and copied what I wish to transfer to a memory stick. Used easy transfer on new PC. Started the process then was advised I cannot transfer info from Windows XP to Windows 8. Getting exasperated now.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which info are you trying to transfer?

Files?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

Photo's documents and a few other bits and pieces. Need to go out now so will pick tomorrow.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ook, why not just copy the photos and documents to the Memory stick and copy them, avoiding the use of Easy Transfer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

I will try that. I think I have had enough now. I will try someone local. Can you tell me how to uninstall ' Revo Uninstaller' and 'Join Me' without having a adverse effect on my PC.

Chatlie