Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have two issues and unsure whether related or not but something

Customer Question

I have two issues and unsure whether related or not but something tells me they are not – just a coincidence?
Issue 1: My internet explorer just won’t anymore up until recently it worked perfectly since I have had the laptop without interruption (for a couple for years). But now it tries to load and then just disappears on me. I have tried this another location (relatives house through another router) and the same. However Chrome works?
Issue 2: I have just moved house and my router keeps dropping on me. It is a Netgear router and only about 12-months old. I am tempted to purchase a new one but unsure how if I can establish the is caput’ or not. The only thing that has changed in terms of the router is moving house? I have switched off and on, even reset the router but just the same. Just works and then drops on me every couple of minutes or so.
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

Viet - Computer Tech :

Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Viet - Computer Tech :
  1. Close Internet Explorer.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. (Open Network and Internet if available); open Internet Options. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset / reset, then open internet explorer and check.
Viet - Computer Tech :

If that does not work, you can try to uninstall Internet Explorer from Start, control panel, programs, programs and features (or add/remove programs); if it's not there, then while there, click on View installed updates on the left to check.

Viet - Computer Tech :

However, I recommend Chrome browser or Firefox browser as they are faster and more reliable.

Viet - Computer Tech :

As for the router issue, what's the model of your netgear router? Do you mean you used the reset button on the router? Does it affect both wired and wireless connection? Does it affect multiple computers/devices, or just one?

Viet - Computer Tech :

If possible, when you use your laptop at another wireless place, does it drop out also?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Can you log in the router and see if there is any firmware update? And/or log in the router, and change the wireless channel to another number, such as 1, 6, 11, etc., and check?

Viet - Computer Tech :

To log in the router, you would go to the website http://www.routerlogin.net (or website http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1) , and login with:

• Username = admin
      Password = password
      (or if it does not work, use the password you set)
      , then go to the Wireless Settings option, then look for the channel option
Viet - Computer Tech :

When you are available, please type in the box below, then click on the Reply button at the bottom in order to communicate with me. Please scroll up/down this web age in order to see all my replies/suggestions. Thank you,