John
John, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Hi. I downloaded regprocureprotect to try and solve a msvcr80.sll

Hi. I downloaded regprocureprotect to try and solve a msvcr80.sll problem. the proramme did a clean up, shut down and restarted. the problem was still there so i shut the computer down. now i cant get back in. i have tried the repair option which will not run and asks me to turn off the computer and the start normally which it then does a disk dump and puts me in loop. the clean up has corrupted my files and i cant get onto the computer to do anything about it. i have tried calling their help desk but get no answer. plus although it is a 0800 number i only have a mobile so it is still an expensive call. i am sending from my mobile as my computer has died. please can you help me get back in if only to email the reg pro team their product and service is useless! if they ever answer the phone they will be told verbally too! Hoping you can help, best regards Gabby
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Ma'am it seems like the windows system files are corrupted.Most of these tools like regpro cure protect will only do harm than good so avoid such programs like these in future.we can try to fix the issue.Please let me know the make and model of the computer

John :

Thank you for joining the chat.
let me know the make and model of the computer

Note: - Type your message in the chat box below then press enter to send it or click on reply to send it so that I can see your reply

Customer: Hi...it is a Toshiba equium L40-10x PSL41E-004004AV.
John :

Thank you for the details ma'am,Have you tried booting in safe mode with command prompt?

Customer: hi john..call me Gabby. no i havent had that option. onlt launch start up repair and start winows normally.
John :

Hi Gabby.Can you please re-check the model again is it L40-10x or L40-10U.you can get the full model on the bottom of the laptop

Customer: hi John xall me Gabby. i have only had the option to launch startup repair or start window normally. Neitheth eork and end up back at square one
Customer: hi i have not had that option only launch startup repair or start windows normally. the launch repair says i need to shut down and thestart normally runs a dump then tellsme to shut down
Customer: my msg is not sending
John :

OK i believe you didn't notice my above reply i will resend it.
Gabby can you please re-check the model again is it L40-10x or L40-10U.you can get the full model on the bottom of the laptop.

John :

its sending you need to scroll down to see the latest replies

John :

Gabby can you see this reply

John :

It seems like you cannot see my replies so i will switch to Q&A mode so that you can see my replies,I apologize for the inconveniences.You do not need to rate me either

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

It seems like you cannot see my replies so i will switch to Q&A mode so that you can see my replies and we can continue with fixing your computer,I apologize for the inconveniences.let me know whether you can see this reply.

Gabby can you please re-check the model again is it L40-10x or L40-10U.You can get the full model on the bottom of the laptop.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi john can see them now thanks just checking the model again.
model - PSL41E-004004AV serial no 77118642R TOSHIBA EQUIUM L40 -10X
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for replying back to me Gabby.while i check the model please try the following to boot in safe mode with command prompt.

Turn on the computer then press F8 repeatedly when you see the Toshiba start-up screen. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with command prompt and then press ENTER.

Please try it and let me know if it boots to safe mode with command prompt.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi john i have done that and it gave me the safe mode with command prompt it ran through something very quickly. changed to a blue screen did a disk dump and has gone back to the launch repair and start normally screen again.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Seems like operating system files are completly corrupted.In that case the only option left to try is to restore the computer to factory settings but this process will erase the data on the hard drive then will re-install windows and applications that came with the PC like a new system.Do you want to try that if so please let me know whether you have the recovery disc for the computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm affraid not. I am not at home as i work away. if i do this whe n i have the disk will i have lost all my stuff i.e music folder email etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have norton protection and it said this was a safe source so why has it corrupted my files?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Yes it will remove all the data but in some models there is a back up option which it asks just before the recovery process starts so it will ask for a back up media like external hard drive or disc to do the back up process ,like i said this back-up option is only on some models .There is one more method in doing the recovery process using the in-built partition in the hard drive.do you want to try that other method to do the recovery process?

Noton only check whether it has a verified exe file and does it have Viruses so it cannot gurantee how the program will affect the system.In my past experiance almost most of these kind application has done damage than good.i am really sorry about the situation you are in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks john. the other method is worth a try please
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Before we try the recovery process using inbuilt hard drive partition. lets try one more option to see if it boots to dekstop screen using last know good configuration.

Turn on the computer then press F8 repeatedly when you see the Toshiba start-up screen. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Last Know Good Configuration and then press ENTER.

See if it boots to windows or is it same like before.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi john ...sorry same as before
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
In that case we can try the in-built recovery process.Please do the following and see if it open/shows Toshiba HDD Recovery.

Turn on the computer then press F8 repeatedly when you see the Toshiba start-up screen. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Repair your computer and press enter.Then select language and keyboard layout then it will show a user name and password XXXXX administrator and leave the password XXXXX blank then click on OK that will open this box graphic see if it opens in your PC and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
didnt get advanced boot option just repair computer so hit rnter but did same as usual. then on the toshiba screen tried f2 and the was a boot tab at top so tried ybat. it liated for devices so tried option 1 [HDD:PM-TOSHIBA] not sure if its doing anything. have connection issues with my phone now weak signal. so may give up. thanks for all ur efforts. i have at least learned an expensive leason about buying products for the computer when i dont know enough about tgem. thanks afain for yr patients. i will give u a good rating as its not yr failt. thanks vest regarss Gabby
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Advanced boot options is the same as before which showed all safe mode options.so please use this link as reference for doing recovery process https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm The recovery option you need to select is restore to factory default (Recover to out of box state).If that fails then your option is to get recovery disc,which you can get it from Toshiba itself i believe there is shipment charges.To order it online please use this link backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx .Once you have the recovery disc.You can boot from that disc using F12 key and follow the on-screen instructions to start the process.The recovery option you need to select is restore to factory default (Recover to out of box state).before you start the recovery process please remove any external hard drive connected to the laptop also connect the power adapter to the PC.I hope this helps Thank you Gabby for rating my service.

Have a Great God Blessed Day

Sincerely
John